Monday, February 8, 2010

The Road to Fat-Loss

Since becoming a fitness trainer I have had many individuals come to me for advice on fat loss. While they all listen and get motivated to start their transformation very few actually take that first step and even fewer have what it takes to go all the way. While it may seem easy for me to say “Just train hard, train often, and eat right”, I have been there and I did it without a trainer or group to help me. During the years of 2004-2005 I went form weighing 120lbs to 145lbs(not muscle weight). My diet was mostly fast food, sodas, pastas(spaghetti- ravioli- pizza). The first time I really noticed I had gained so much weight was after seeing a picture of myself (see pic below). From that point I started running 2-4miles every other day, did my usual push-ups, sit-ups, pull ups , and did the only Kettlebell exercise I knew how to do(the Swing), cut out sodas completely (yes, it is possible), and only ate fast food twice a month. With in a few short months I was down to 125lbs. It wasn’t easy, I had to push myself everyday through tough workouts and I had to say no to all those foods I was use to eating. It was a complete lifestyle change, but the fact is I did it and so can you.
I wanted to share this with everyone so that you know that I’ve been there. I know what it’s like to go through the hard workouts, saying no to certain foods(even when family and friends put it right in your face), and the other struggles that go with it. It takes discipline and commitment but it's all up to you, only you can make that choice. Another thing, DON’T WAIT! You can start right now! You can go to your local park and take a walk and stop buying those foods you know aren’t good for you.
Below are two pictures the first taken in May 2005, the second taken December 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment